No matter the season, we believe it’s essential to work in an exfoliator
a couple times a week so your skin can reap the amazing benefits —
boosting circulation, unclogging pores, evening out skin tone, and
helping your favourite products work harder x last longer. We’ve done
the digging + found that the best skincare dupe may actually be a simple
mix of ingredients you already have stashed at home.
While coffee is most likely already a part of your daily routine, we’ve
found a new way to incorporate it into our day-to-day: as an exfoliator.
Curious about the benefits? So were we. Coffee is actually well-known
in the beauty community because of its antioxidants, caffeine, and
cellulite-reducing diuretic components. This simple at-home scrub gets
extra points for exfoliating our skin, keeping it hydrated x glowing,
and being safe for full body use.
We’re sharing our simple, 4-ingredient blend that will leave your skin feeling hydrated x fresh:
- 1 cup pre-ground coffee
- ¾ cup white / brown sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil [liquid]
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl + mix together.
- Pour in olive x coconut oils.
- Mix until well combined, about a crumbly paste consistency.
- In shower, scoop a handful of the scrub onto your skin.
- Gently rub in circular motions for 2-4 minutes, but if you notice
your skin start to get tender stop scrubbing to prevent skin irritation.
- Rinse off the coffee grinds, pat dry, and lather on the moisturizer to reveal glowing, smooth skin.
Incorporate this into your routine 1-2 times a week depending on your
skin’s sensitivity. The most important part of self care is making sure
you feel confident in your own skin. Now, your legs can look the part,