Home Remedies For Warts Removal-
Warts are harmless growths on the skin, and they are as a result of
viruses. They are as a result of Human Papilloma Virus which is also
known as (HPV). The HPV infects the top layer of the skin, thereby
making the skin overgrow, which becomes a wart.
you can contact warts if you have broken or damaged skin and you come
in contact with someone who has it. Another means through which you can
get the virus is if you share razors, towels, and things that are
supposed to be personal to you. Warts can grow as one or in a cluster.
are at more risk of developing warts because they have a less powerful
immune system. However, anyone can develop warts, and they tend to heal
off on their own. In some cases, they are hard to deal with and can stay
longer than usual.
Types Of Warts And Where They Grow On The Body
Warts: As the name implies, these are the most common type of warts,
and they often develop on the hand. They are dome-shaped, rough and has a
color of gray or brown.
- Flat Warts: Flat Warts are small and
flat-topped. They are usually brown, pink or light yellow colored, and
they can grow on the arms, face, and legs.
- Plantar Warts: They
make walking a difficult thing to do because they grow on the soles of
the feet and they are hard, thick, and dark.
- Filiform Warts:
These types of warts can grow on the face. They usually develop around
the mouth, chin, or nose. Filiform warts have the same color as the
skin, but they have thread-like growths attached to them.
- Periungual Warts: These type of warts often grows under or around the toenails and fingernails.
above classification will help you to know the type of warts you have.
This article will highlight the most effective home remedies for warts
removal that you can try and definitely will get results.
How to Prevent Warts
- Strengthen your immune system with diet & exercise, cut back or stop smoking & drinking alcohol
- Get enough Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, L-Lysine, Potassium, Selenium & Zinc in your diet.
- Do not pick at your warts because this can cause the virus causing warts to spread making you get more warts.
Preventing Genital Warts
- Using a condom during sexual intercourse can reduce your risk of contracting genital warts.
can get vaccinated against HPV, which is responsible for genital warts
and cervical cancer. The vaccine can be administered up to 26 years of
- Avoid skin-to-skin contact with someone infected with HPV.
- Do not share towels or bedsheets with someone infected with HPV.
How To Remove Warts Naturally
1. Baking Soda
soda is one of the powerful home remedies for warts removal. All thanks
to its antiseptic and strong anti-inflammatory properties that can help
to deal with warts causing viruses.
- A teaspoon of white vinegar
- One tablespoon of baking soda
one teaspoon of white vinegar and baking soda to make a thick paste.
Apply the paste where you have warts two times daily- morning and night.
- You can, however, replace the white vinegar with castor oil.
- Mix castor oil and baking soda to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on warts and cover the place with a bandage.
- Leave it on overnight and remove the following morning. Do this often till the warts are gone.
contains a high amount of antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral
properties that help to fight viruses and infections. It helps in the
treatment of most skin infections and can serve as a natural way to get
rid of warts.
- Few cloves of garlic
- Clean water
- Gently crush some garlic into a paste and mix the paste with little water.
- Apply the paste to the wart and roll a bandage on the area.
- Leave on for 20 minutes and wash off with water.
- Repeat this treatment two times daily for one week.
has a caustic property that will dry up warts and make it fall off.
Although bigger warts may take longer to heal, it will improve with a
has been proven to be another fast and efficient home remedies for
warts removal. It contains lots of antiviral properties that can help
combat the wart-causing virus. Basil will speed up the healing process
from warts infection when used as a treatment.
You Will Need:
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- A bandage or a clean cloth
- Mortar and pestle or anything that can crush the leaves
- Crush the 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves until it gets juicy.
- Apply on the wart and cover with a bandage or a clean cloth.
- Repeat the process daily for about one to two weeks or until the warts are gone.
4. Castor Oil
cold-pressed castor oil can be used to treat many skin infections, and
warts is not an exception. Ricinoleic acid, which is the main component
of castor oil contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Castor oil as one of the home remedies for warts removal works best on
flat and small warts at the back of the hands and the face.
Castor oil needs to be diluted with a carrier oil like almond or olive oil before applying it to the genital area.
- Apply castor oil on the affected areas needed throughout the day. Be generous with your application
- For night treatment, soak the cotton ball in castor oil, apply it on the wart and tie a bandage on it.
- Wash off in the morning with warm water for few minutes, use the pumice stone to scrub off the dead skin.
- Repeat this process for a few days until warts become dark and finally falls off.
5. Tea Tree Oil
tree oil is a natural treatment for warts because it contains antiviral
properties. However, you may need to dilute it with aloe vera gel
before applying it to the problem areas because it can irritate the
- Apply the diluted tea tree oil to the affected area, many times throughout the day. You can do this at night as well.
- Repeat 3 to 5 times per day for 1 to 2 weeks to get rid of warts or till you see changes in the problem areas.
6. Immune Boosting Herbs
immune-boosting herbs like Astragalus, Bayberry, Echinacea,
Goldenseal, Schizandra and/or Elderberry to prevent and get rid of
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
cider vinegar (ACV) may have at least as many uses as duct tape and is
found in countless home remedies, including getting rid of warts.
Although it’s simple, many people have discovered that it really works.
doesn’t actually kill the virus, but its high acidity is said to attack
the flesh that makes up the wart, killing it so that it will naturally
peel away from the skin. This also takes the virus along with it, which
helps to prevent a recurrence.
a cotton ball or pad in apple cider vinegar and place it over the wart.
It is normal to experience a slight stinging or burning sensation the
first time you apply it.
- Secure the cotton ball or pad in place with a bandage.
it on overnight. If you do not want to leave it on overnight, apply a
soaked cotton ball for 10 to 15 minutes once every hour throughout the
- The next morning, remove it and rinse the area with water.
can make a foot bath soaking your feet in the apple cider vinegar to
quickly get rid of that stubborn plantar warts or warts on your feet.
Repeat daily for 1 to 2 weeks. You may notice positive results within 4 or 5 days of starting with the remedy.
8. Grey Duct Tape
duct tape method, or tape occlusion, sounds weird, but it works! It’s
actually a time-honored, and cheap technique for removing those
- To use duct tape to get rid of warts,
- Keep your warts covered up for at least 6 days, remove the duct tape & soak the wart in water.
file it down with a nail file, emery board or pumice stone and leave
whatever is left of the wart uncovered for 1-to-2 days.
- Repeat this process until the wart is gone.
Tip: Put Salicylic Acid on the wart before you put duct tape over the wart for extra wart killing power!
To further keep yourself free from warts, boost your immune system.
Since warts are caused by a virus, it is advisable to increase the
body’s ability to fight the infection. This you can do by having enough
rest, eating good food and exercising daily.
stated above, You can also use astralagus, olive leaf, zinc, turmeric,
cat’s claw, and elderberry to boost your body’s immunity against the
- Another thing is that you should take your hygiene serious.
mentioned earlier, you can get the virus by sharing personal care items
like towels and the likes. You can also pass it to other parts of your
body through touch.
- If you touch where you have warts, and you
touch other parts of your body with the same hand, you may get the virus
on other parts. If you do this, warts will start growing after some
- Do not scratch the wart, as it can spread and cause more warts.
- Eat healthy foods to strengthen your body’s natural defense to fight the virus.
2 to 3 cups of herbal teas like lemongrass, chamomile and green tea
daily can also strengthen your immune system against HPV.
- If none of the remedies work, you can consult your doctor for cryotherapy. It involves freezing warts with liquid nitrogen.
Have you ever dealt with warts? Which home remedy or remedies did you use to get rid of warts?