What Are White Spots On Lips?
Are you noticing little white
Spots on your lips which are actually ugly to look at and are causing
you Pain? Do you know what are White Spots on Lips? In the medical
terminology, they are called Fordyce spots. These are the
semi-transparent spots that appear on your lips. White Spots Lips are
usually painless but they really make you uncomfortable with their
appearances. White spots may be because of the abnormal sebum secretion
of the sebaceous glands. Most of the victims find it difficult to treat
White Spots on the Lips.
we jump into finding out home remedies to treat White Spots, it is
suggested that you see a doctor. As sexually transmitted disease can be
one of the reasons for Fordyce Spots and hence it is better to be sure
that you are not suffering really big. Though most of us can’t differ
between White Spots on the Lips and Cold Sore on Lips. Now the
What Causes White Spots on the Lips
can be various causes of White Spots on the Lips, ranging from
bacterial infections to serious oral cancer. You can find out the
various causes of White Spots on Lips below!
- Allergic reactions
- Fever or a Sore Throat
- Bacterial Infections
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Swollen Lips
- Hand, Foot and Mouth Diseases
- Oral Cancer
- Oral Thrush
- Oral Herpes
How to Get Rid Of White Spots On LIPS AT HOME
wants to make a hole in their pockets. You can easily cure White Spots
on your Lips at home without much hassle. Try these simple tricks to
have soft Pink Lips!
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Cider Vinegar is an anti-bacterial agent which is best to avoid
infections causing Fordyce White Spots on Lips. Topical application of
ACV can lead to balance the secretion of Sebum.
- Mix ACV and water in equal quantities.
- You can use a cotton swab to apply this mixture on the affected area.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- You can repeat this remedy twice a week.
is one of the best home remedies to get rid of Fordyce Spots on lips.
Consumption of Garlic decreases down levels of bacteria in the
bloodstream. You can take Garlic Water to treat White Spots on the Lips.
Give this one a try, if you have developed White Spots because of
- First of all, you need 2 peeled Garlic.
- Then crush them and add 200 ml of water to the paste.
- To add flavor, you can add 2-3 drops of lemon juice into.
- Consume this drink 2 times a day to notice benefits.
3. COCONUT OIL
of thinking of how to treat White Spots on Lips? Allow me to inform
that one of the reasons of White Spots is Dry Lips. Dry lips and damaged
cells may lead to disturbance in the sebum secretion. Hence, it is
very important to treat Dry Chapped Lips. Therefore, you can try this
remedy to treat White spots.
- For this, you need to add Organic Coconut Oil in a bowl.
- You can have few drops of Lavender Oil in addition.
- Apply the potion to the affected area.
- Ideal use is to leave it overnight and wash with lukewarm water in the morning.
4. ESSENTIAL OILS
blend of Essential Oils can help you treat White spots on Lips. For
this remedy, you need Benzoin oil which is effective to treat dryness of
the lips. The second one is you need Tea tree oil which acts as an
antimicrobial agent to kill microbes. The third one is the cabreauva
oil which promotes the healing procedure.
- Mix all the oils in equal quantities.
- Use your fingertips and start with a gentle massage over the affected area using this potion.
- Allow the potion to stay for a couple of hours.
- Clean your lips with cotton swab previously dipped in warm water.
- Repeat the process twice a day to feel the benefits.
5. JOJOBA OIL AND ARGAN OIL
Vitamin rich Jojoba Oil is good when you want to get rid of Fordyce
Spots on Lips. On the other hand, Argan Oil easily absorbs into the skin
layers to repair the damaged skin cells. Hence, make a potion using
both these oils.
- Take 2-3 drops of Jojoba oil.
- Add 2-3 drops of Argan Oil and mix the two oils.
- Apply this mixture to the white spotted area and leave on for around 2 hours.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Use this remedy twice a day to obtain maximum benefits.
spots can be cured by using Buttermilk, this one can really make a
difference in your current condition. Buttermilk keeps your lips
moisturized and nourished, give this one a shot!
- Wash your lips with normal water.
- Dip Cotton Swab in Buttermilk.
- Place the buttermilk cotton on the affected area and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Repeat the procedure until you feel some relief.
7. Balanced Diet
is very important that that take on a healthy diet. A balanced diet
will help you to lessen the appearance of White Spots on lips. Hence, in
addition to a balanced diet, you must also switch to a healthy
Citrus fruits and the juices of citrus fruits is one the remedies to beat white spots.
Start with Folic Acid supplements to improve the appearance of White Fordyce Spots.
It’s healthy to follow the vitamin-rich diet to keep your lips healthy.
Avoid dehydration by drinking lots of water.
8. Regular Intake of Vitamins
prove to be an excellent remedy for Fordyce Spots. Once you are
suffering from White Spots on Lips, improve your intake of
multi-vitamins. This will help you heal this health issue very soon,
giving you a chance to get strong internally to fight back infections.
Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin K can prove to be a boon for Fordyce Spots.
Source of Vitamin A: Carrots, Cantaloupe, Romaine lettuce, Sweet Red
Peppers, Sweet Potatoes, Squash, Dried Apricots, Mango, and Tuna.
Natural Source of Vitamin C: Kiwi, Kale, Cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, Pineapple, Peppers, Mango, Strawberries, and Papaya.
Source of Vitamin K: Eggs, Beans, Dried Basil, Strawberries, Scallions,
kale, Brussel sprouts, Soybeans, and cucumbers.fit
9. Consumption of Asparagus
is highly recommended by the specialists as this is the only vegetable
which promotes natural growth of Cells. To get rid of Fordyce Spots, all
you need is high amounts of Folic Acid and Asparagus is fully laden
with it. Moreover, Asparagus is filled with all the three essential
Vitamins which are effective to treat White Spots on Lips.
- Try to eat one cup of Asparagus every day
- This will fulfill your daily requirement of 65% Folic Acid.
- Consume Asparagus to treat Fordyce Spots Lips.
10. SANDALWOOD PASTE
you ever used Sandalwood Paste on your Skin? No, oh then you are
lacking in one of the best natural ingredients in your life. Sandalwood
Paste can really soothe the discomfort caused by Fordyce Spots. This
paste will not only heal White Spots on Lips but will also help you in
cure Dry Chapped Lips.
- Take 1 tbsp of Sandal Wood Powder and add 1 tbsp. of Honey.
- Mix 2 drops of Olive Oil and blend all the ingredients to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on White Spots on Lips, and wash off with Luke warm water after 30 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy thrice a week to get rid of White Spots on Lips.
can choose any of the remedies described above. There are many
professional treatments available in the market. These treatments can
burn holes in your pockets. However, these home remedies are safe to use
and are free to use. Make sure that you try a patch test to know about
the allergic conditions. Share with us if you have any other remedies to
treat White Spots on your lips!
When to plan a Doctor’s Visit
most of the scenarios, Fordyce Spots disappear after few simple
remedies at home. But it is advisable to seek a Doctor’s help when
following conditions arise.
- Painful bumps
- Slow Healing bumps
- Difficulty Breathing
- Bleeding bumps
- Enlargening bumps
- Swelling in the Jaw-line
- Difficulty Swallowing
- Doctor’s Visit
Treatments Recommended By Doctor
starting any treatment, you must get into the root cause of the
problem. A physician may ask you a set number of questions following
from your smoking habits to allergic reactions. A close review of the
little White Spots on Lips may help him diagnose the criticality of your
Your doctor may recommend you to
undergo a course of medicines to treat bacterial or fungal infections.
Allergic reactions can be treated with pills and some ointments to ease
the discomfort. If the things seem a little more serious then your
physician can ask you to undergo an X-ray, CT Scan, blood test or Skin
test to go ahead with further treatment of White Spots on the Lips.